A moderately growing economy, coupled with imbalances in demand and supply across the various sectors will add pressure on occupancy and rents. A weakening occupier market and concerns surrounding rising interest rates will keep investment activity measured. In this outlook, real estate agencies will have to make the best of what they have. With such economic sensitivity, real estate companies have to use technologies that deliver maximum return on investment (ROI) and which have a lower total cost of operations (TCO). Cloud computing is quite an apt fit for such an industry and we take a look at a few other challenges here.
Challenges and how the cloud can solve it
- Real Estate brokers have to quickly setup offices in new locations. The management has to be on their toes managing the workforce as there are temporary workers.
Cloud computing services enable branch as a service to be provisioned as and when required. Users can also be added and removed dynamically, to reflect the current status.
- Brokers and office staff need to access company resources in the main office. They need to take care of daily invoices, payrolls, financial reports and logistics.
Cloud based applications can be accessed from anywhere, anytime and usually, from any device. This enables users from branch offices to seamlessly access programs used at the main office.
- While working in remote locations, providing proper IT resources is a challenge for the company.
As long as users have access to a browser, they can access cloud based applications and also information from the head office.
- Another challenge is the collaboration between different teams such as brokers, clients, bankers and the property owner.
Cloud based email, messaging and collaboration systems allow users from different organizations to share and track information and activities on projects they are working on. Security is also implemented to allow access to only authorized users.
- Disruptive app based services could increase competition
By using cloud computing services, new and innovative services could be offered to tenants and owners. These could be scaled easily and the pay-as-you-go model ensures billing for only services that are consumed.
- Cost Savings: Instead of making IT infrastructure setup that is expensive to install and maintain, cloud provides a cheaper way to store all of your data and perform administrative processes on rental or subscription basis. Cloud computing services also upgrade underlying software automatically, free of charge.
- Build Client Relationships: Cloud computing allows for easy access to all relevant information whenever you need. It is easy to look up client information and pick up where you last left off. This easy management allows the chance to build effective relationships with clients.
- Customization without Complication: Cloud computing services allow clients to custom build data storage and management systems for their specific goals. Cloud providers create the system for you and manage all the IT details. This allows clients to focus on their core business without having to worry about managing the IT infrastructure.
- Built-in Safeguards for Data: Cloud providers usually set up your cloud in a way that backs up all of your data. There is no need to worry about a disaster or data failure occurring where data is lost. The cloud is more secure than hardware systems or paper files.
- Enjoy Flexibility: Real Estate companies do not have one office. Brokers and Clients use smart phones, tablets or laptops to work on every site where a deal is happening. The cloud allows you to store all of your work on a virtual space to be accessed anywhere.
Advantage with DROOTOO’s unified cloud platform
Many services are available from multiple cloud vendors in different countries. For requirements in a specific country, there could be a need to use different cloud providers. With multiple cloud vendors offering many services, for different purposes, at varied price points, and requiring many setup and configuration steps, it makes sense to use Drootoo Smart Cloud platform to take away the complexities and allow users to focus on getting their work done.
- Complexities of setup and configuration are hidden and a simple, easy to use interface is provided to the users. This lowers barriers to allow everyone from vendors, architects and clients to collaborate together.
- Users can compare services from multiple cloud vendors to select a suitable one. Depending on the country, required services could be available from different vendors and it is cumbersome to use multiple sites to manage those. It also helps if all relevant information is available in one place. From a legal perspective, it is important to adhere to the laws regarding data storage and this is enabled by region based service selections. This has the advantage of price arbitrage between cloud vendors.
- Many repetitive tasks, involving various cloud vendors, can be done with a few clicks or selections. They need scripts or programs on the cloud vendor portals.
Hence, it is possible to save Time, Money and Effort with Drootoo smart cloud as you take advantage of cloud computing to delivers homes and offices for the future generations.
Navigate back to: Case Studies