From private data centers to public cloud infrastructure, data center solutions and services providers have seen business grow rapidly to become a boom town!
Explosive growth continues as
cloud adoption multiplies demand
Challenges and how the cloud can solve it
- Earlier, only organizations with deep pockets could afford to build private data centers. Banks and financial institutions decided to stay private till assured of security on the cloud.
The data center industry saw rapid growth with the advent of the cloud. Now, everyone uses a public cloud provider which builds its data center infrastructure to keep pace with the rapid adoption. Targeting public cloud providers with products and solutions to expand their infrastructure at a rapid yet cost effective way could help.
- Data centers earlier had a single big customer who would dictate specifications and it was then straightforward to design according to the requirement. Now, leasing infrastructure in a multi-tenant data center is the norm.
Integration of data center infrastructure with remote and cloud management software can be done to quickly tap multi-tenant infrastructure leasing opportunities.
- Location, location, location – from national data location laws to availability of cheap power, location of data centers is being dictated by a mix of politics and infrastructure availability or potential.
Rather than build in every market, it would be possible to tie up with data center providers in different locations, or use Unified Cloud Platforms like Drootoo, which enable networks to span different data centers, to ensure compliance with data storage laws.
- Co-location expected to grow as small and medium companies look to leverage retail co-location for servers and other equipment.
Data center providers can easily tap this space by setting up such co-location centers near target customer locations. Of course, having a software layer to seamlessly allow management of storage and compute resources, like Drootoo, would be an advantage.
Benefits of Drootoo
Customers are adopting DROOTOO unified cloud platform for multi-cloud management and networking multi-cloud resources from One place with a simple, smart, easy to use interface that enables complete governance with security.
- Single interface: By integration with Drootoo, a single management interface is available for organizations to access private data center resources as well as those hosted on public clouds. This helps with many aspects like Cloud Governance and Security, Cost Arbitrage, Maximization of Utilization.
Users can compare services from multiple cloud vendors to select a suitable one. Depending on the country, required services could be available from different vendors and it is cumbersome to use multiple sites to manage those. It also helps if all relevant information is available in one place.
- Unified Governance and Security: Role based security is slowly being implemented by cloud vendors, but having multiple management interfaces for public cloud and private cloud resources could make governance and security a pain area with heavy administrative overheads. With a single interface for public cloud and private cloud resourcing and management, Drootoo ensures role based security for Unified Governance and Security of infrastructure platforms.
- Lower TCO:
- Avoid Vendor Lock-In – Using a single cloud provider could lead to potential uptime and billing issues – Their prices could go up, or their services could have some outage and it would impact costs.
- Lower TCO via Cost Arbitrage – Create Compute and Storage resources according to the prices offered by the public cloud providers that you subscribe to. When Azure has better pricing, use that. Similarly, for Amazon and Google. Realize cost savings even after moving to the cloud.
- Using multiple management platforms for cloud and data center access increases costs related to employee training, governance and security. Drootoo remains committed to providing a Single, Simple, Responsive interface for users.
- Keeping cloud resources in non-networked silos prevents many innovations and bread-and-butter operations like backup/disaster recovery across cloud providers and geographies. With Drootoo’s unified cloud platform enabling networking of multi-cloud resources, there will be many options to meet uptime goals while delivering significantly lower TCO.
- Seamless Audit and Compliance:From a legal perspective, it is important to adhere to various nations’ laws regarding data storage and this is enabled by region based service selections. It is possible to maintain infrastructure in specific regions through the Drootoo interface. Auditing user activity is made possible by key-based security and complete logging of user tasks and activities.
- Ease of Use: With Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google updating their platforms every couple months, on average, with new features employees can find it overwhelming to learn or keep up to date with developments. With Drootoo, complexities of cloud adoption are swept under the hoods of a simple, no-nonsense user interface that needs very little training, though we’d be glad if you had us over to learn more 🙂 Smart Automation: Unlike, AWS, Azure or Google, Drootoo automates many tasks like “bursting” as part of the user interface options rather than needing programs or scripts to be written for it.
- Maximize Utilization using Resource Visualization and Reporting – Get data, analytics and resource visualization for resources across multiple clouds and custom integrated data centers/storage solutions. This can enhance management decision making to ensure maximum utilization of available resources before provisioning new ones. Of course, reporting is there for many aspects to support audits and compliance.
- Seamless Integration of Cloud Resources: Resources provisioned on the public clouds and private data centers live in silos today. Drootoo changes that by helping to get them all on a single network, which enables a host of possibilities in developing intelligent applications, cloud and region agnostic backup/restore solutions and high-performance/high-availability solutions among others.
For a Strategic Advantage, Integrate with DROOTOO: Integrating your data center, storage, network or hardware solution with the DROOTOO interface enables customers to manage their IT Infrastructure resources across public and private/hybrid clouds, economically and easily from one place.
Navigate back to: Case Studies